Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile, I haven’t really been trying a ton of new things and between school and constant travel these past few weeks…I’ve been exhausted. Before everything I am a student, so sometimes if my content is short and I am not posting as frequently, it is probably because I am overwhelmed at the moment. Butttt anyways, enough of the serious stuff, let’s talk about makeup!!
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Aquacealer Concealer “Fair”
I used this last spring and it took me until December to finally use it all up. Now that is is spring again I decided to give it another chance, and boy was it a mistake to ever not re-purchase this. The only complaint that I have about it, is that the smell is paint-like and it is unpleasant if I have to put it under my nose.
This concealer is water-based and it blends out very easily. It will crease if you do not set it with powder, but that is okay with me because I usually “bake” under my eyes anyways.
This stuff is pretty great. I’ve been using it as my every day foundation, and it gives me a very light, natural coverage that will not break me out. It is also true to my skin, which if you have problems with being “too” dark/light you’ll understand the struggle to find fitting foundation.
I got this in the smaller container just to try it. When I have a little extra money or get a gift card, I will definitely be purchasing the larger size, this stuff is great! If you’re a fan of HD powders, this is a little less intense when it comes to flashbacks on the camera, and it is perfect for natural makeup (especially long-wearing).
If you are someone who is looking for a new eyeshadow palette, but you are not experienced very well with makeup, then this is the one for you! With nine matte shades, and three shimmer shades this palette is easy to use and beautiful for any season! Not to mention, the eyeshadows are easy to blend and smell like vanilla…so that’s a plus! My favorite shades are “rebel,” and “funny girl.” This was my first experience with Tarte eyeshadows, and I was very impressed.
Hey all! February has been a long month for me (ironic since it is the shortest month of the year). Between work, school, and life I’ve been trying to set time aside for myself to do what I love…makeup and blogging! Though life has been a little hectic this month, I still have had some time to try new products and review them for you guys. This month is about an even mix between high-end and cheap beauty products. So, if you’re looking to try something new without the high price tag, or looking to splurge and treat yo self, here are some of the products I have been loving this month:
1.Benefit Cosmetics ka-BROW! Cream-Gel Eyebrow Color with Brush -This pomade is my new favorite brow product! I even enjoy it more than the ABH (Anastasia Beverly Hills) eyebrow products, which was surprising for me because this was a little cheaper than ABH’s pomade+brush. I have really thin brows that are hard to shape, and this has definitely improved the look of them.
2. Lil’ Scrubbies Facial Cleaning Pads – WOW, that’s all I can say. This has replaced my Clinique brush (an $89 brush with $26 replacement heads…yikes!). These little cleansing pads gently wash your face, but are more effective than just using your hands. I would also go further to say that they are more hygienic than the bristle-based face tools. Just put a dap of cleanser on to your cleaning pad, and apply the pad to your face in circular motions and voila! Clean Face! And at $2.48 for two pads, it is hard to say no. Especially when Sephora has just ONE for $6.00 (highway robbery if you ask me). Basically, if you’re super lazy like I am when it comes to skin care, this might be for you. It makes it easy to cleanse your face without charging products, and there’s also a little suction cup on the back that allows you to store it in your shower without fuss.
3. Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple -I just bought this a few weeks ago to replace my Cetaphil cleanser, as it was recommended to me by the manager at Sephora (yes…I’m there so often they know me and recommend products to me). Since I have only been using it for about 3 weeks I’ll need a little more time to see how it actually effects my face long-term…but short term, it does a fantastic job at removing leftover makeup without stopping your skin of its necessary oils. It is a bit steep at $24.00 for 8oz, but at 3 weeks I’ve barely put a dent in the bottle (you do not need much product per use), so for me it is worth it.
Get it at here, but they also sell it at most other retailers that carry Philosophy //$24.00
4. Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighters- I have a highlighter addiction, you guys. If my face doesn’t resemble that of a Christmas tree or a disco ball, I’m just not feeling like myself. This highlighter does that job for me without the high price tag. At only $6, it does glow almost as well as my Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter from The Balm (an amazing highlighter if you have the $24 to blow). The only reason that I say it doesn’t do the same job as my everyday highlight, is because this gives off more of a natural glow than the blinding highlight that I’m used to. But the smooth application, pretty packing (I’m a sucker), and amazing pigmentation make up for that downfall. I’ve been using it for a couple weeks now though and for the price it is currently the best affordable highlight I have used to date!
I’m not sure if this brand is sold anywhere else, but you can get it here at Ulta, or in the store //$6.00
5. Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick- I bought a couple of these while couponing at CVS (should I do a post about how to do that? Leave a comment!), one for me, and one for my friend Haley. I was so impressed at how pigmented this lipstick was! I have this in the shade “Give Me Mocha” and it was flattering both on myself and my blonde pal. They’re a tad drying on the lips but that’s not uncommon for most matte lipsticks, and what they are drying they make up for in pigmentation. As a lipstick junkie, this was definitely a 4/5 for me.
6. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer- I know this primer has been around for a long time, but I finally decided to try it out this month. I was wearing ELF primer for a long time when I finally began to see the makeup on my face showcase the pores on my face. NOT a pretty sight. This primer goes on so smoothly and makes my makeup last. I was having an issue with getting oily around my nose as well, and with this stuff, that doesn’t happen anymore. The only downside I see is how expensive this stuff is. I bought the mini and it was $12.00 for 0.25oz, which is pretty damn expensive if you ask me. Though if you’re willing to spend the cash you definitely will get the quality that you pay for. It is mattefying, but I mix mine with some L’Oreal light-infusing primer, so I can still keep that dewy makeup look I love so much.
7. Pixi Cosmetics Glow Tonic- I have seen beauty bloggers rave about this for about over a year now, and I just gave in this month. What this product is, is a toner that claims to exfoliate the face (very lightly) while giving the skin a healthy glow. Honestly, I really really enjoyed this. This is the third time I have allowed a toner into my skincare routine, and this time I think it might stick. It is rather pricey for a drugstore toner, but for me to keep clear skin it was worth the price. I’m going to give this toner a few more trial months, but so far, so good.